Job and Volunteer Opportunities
POSITION TITLE: Face the Facts Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Coordinator of Youth Development
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt, 10 – 15 hours a week
HOURLY PAY RATE: $10/hour
Berkshire United Way is the backbone organization for the Face the Facts: reduce teen pregnancy coalition (FtF). FtF works to raise public awareness of and prevent teen pregnancies and their impact on individuals and the community by advocating for comprehensive sexual health education, in the home, in schools and in community based organizations; driving community conversations about adolescent sexual health, teen pregnancy and helping youth build aspirations for their future, and enhancing access to, and improving the quality of, reproductive health services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with community partners, to implement FtF Action Plan; provides guidance and builds momentum for shared responsibility and accountability for execution of the plan.
· Conducts outreach to youth groups, with particular emphasis on reaching boys and young men and the Latino population.
· Attends and contributes to Face the Facts Coalition meetings; takes minutes at meetings.
· Administrative tasks related to the work of the coalition, including recording attendance in database and data-input for surveys conducted.
· Works closely with Coordinator of Marketing and Communication on implementation of communications plan including contributing to strategies aimed at reaching boys and the Latino population.
· Research and data analysis related to teen pregnancy prevention.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Interest and passion for reducing teen pregnancy.
· Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills required.
· The ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
· Demonstrated computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as Internet research.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Click here to volunteer.